Dog Makes Daring Leap Out Of Window To ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ Home

A plucky pooch is being hailed online for his bravery after jumping from the window of a two-story house to ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ a raging ɪɴꜰᴇʀɴᴏ in Pennsylvania.

According to NBC Philadelphia, a man named Justin Steinmetz spotted a smoke-filled home in Fleetwood, Berks County while driving to work. The home had no people inside — the adults were at work and the kids were at school — and Justin ꜰʀᴀɴᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ tried to get help.

He got another driver to call 911 and started trying to put the fire out with a hose, to no avail. Firefighters soon arrived to ᴄᴏᴍʙᴀᴛ the flames. In a dramatic moment captured on video by Justin, the dog makes a brave leap. While he had been ᴄʜᴀʀʀᴇᴅ by the fire, he made it out ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.

The action-packed footage starts off with another dog, who had just ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇᴅ the house’s lower level, which is seen ᴇɴɢᴜʟꜰᴇᴅ in flame, running ꜰʀᴀɴᴛɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ around the front lawn. The animal appears ᴅɪsᴛʀᴇssᴇᴅ that its pal, named Charlie, was still trapped inside the ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ structure.

“Oh, hi puppy, come here buddy,” Justin can be heard saying reassuringly as the dog cries. “Come here, come here — I know, your house is on fire.”

The footage then cuts to the pup in question, which is perched at an open window on the second story whining piteously as smoke billows all around him. All the while, valiant neighbors and rescuers can be seen below ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢɪɴɢ the imperiled pup to jump to safety. “Come on, Charlie!” rescuers called, at first to no avail.

At seemingly the last second, Charlie makes a flying leap into the arms of a rescuer below, prompting rescuers to rejoice. “Good boy,” they gushed while patting down the courageous pooch, whose back appears ʙᴀᴅʟʏ sɪɴɢᴇᴅ by the ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ. Later in the clip, the relieved samaritans hose down the hot dog while firefighters douse the flames. Thankfully, Charlie appeared to be faring well following the fiery ᴇɴᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴇʀ, although the extent of his ɪɴᴊᴜʀɪᴇs remains unclear, local news outlet the Mercury reported.

Thankfully, despite being initially “hampered” by high winds, firefighters were able to quell the ʙʟᴀᴢᴇ. A Pennsylvania State Police fire marshal said the cause is electrical and is believed to have started in the kitchen.

The house’s occupants, the Stump family, are currently staying with nearby relatives while their friends set up a GoFundMe for them, which amassed over $41,000 as of Friday afternoon. The family also posted an adorable Facebook gallery of images documenting Charlie & Co.’s ongoing recovery.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *